Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The last week....

Yep.. it is the last week of summer vacation... and how did it start???? Monday I worked all day training new teachers on some of the technology things they will need as they start the year.... more training will come on other things! Today, Tuesday, I ran to WalMart to get stuff to see if I can get my pool back in shape after leaving it too long so that I can enjoy some pool time!!! Monday night I had a worship leadership meeting...tonight I have a streetlight band meeting.. getting ready for the reunion! So pretty much that has taken up the first two days of the last week off!! LOL!!! Gee maybe tomorrow I will clean out cabinets or something relaxing like that!! hahahaha!!!
I haven't been able to see mom in a couple of weeks due to work one week and transportation craziness the other.... I guess she knows we are there when we come.. she usually just sits and sometimes opens her eyes... occasionally we will get her to answer a question...it is sad to see her so weary!
Ashley is still working two jobs and has cleared up some school finances so that she can register for this semester.. now we just hope tonight when she finally gets home that there are classes worth signing up for. I hate it took so long to pull all the money together.. she is driving my Tahoe and hoping to hear replacement info on her car soon so that she can move forward on getting something else.. I know she didn't want to have car payments.. but not sure of other choices!
Andy is still looking for work... today he went to restraunts to see if anyone was hiring.. not first preference but he is going a little stir crazy not having a job for a month!!
I will go back to work next Tuesday... not really ready... but hopefully will be a good year... I did better this summer not overworking myself.. but maybe did too good and enjoying being a lazy bum too much!!
Steve is still working hard at the church... will be glad when that creative pastor is found and comes in ready to lead the people back to being about prayer and community and worshiping together... I miss the days when we had so many people walking in the door to see what was different and finding themselves at the alter making changes in their lives.. I pray for that kind of church again!!! Wouldn't that be awesome... life changing
Ok.. enough blabbering.. must head to the next meeting.. until I think to write again!!

No comments: