Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A very wet weekend......

WOW! what a crazy wet weekend!
Friday night I kept up with Ashley as she traveled from Denton to Granbury as the storms were coming in! Steve and I grabbed a quick bite and picked up some breakfast food and pretty much just hung out at the house.
Steve and I went out to Hagerman on Saturday just to see how the water was rising! They were putting out barricades and blocking roads that were going under water! It is good to see water in the lake.. but did it have to all come at one time??
Sunday we all were at church and then were coming to the house to fix steaks and veggies for Mother's day... in the middle of church everyone's phone alert went off and let us know MORE flooding potential was out there.
Sure enough while starting lunch it looked like a monsoon!!! The power went out and stayed out for some time.. that put lunch on hold... when it came back on we really enjoyed our lunch!!!
We just hung out and watched the tornado track through the East side of town...
I enjoyed my day and got cards from both kids and also beautiful hanging baskets and a clean patio from Steve...
I am blessed!!!



No comments: